Health Tip: Create a Space for Sleep
The right environment for quality zzz's
(HealthDay News) -- Difficulty sleeping can be caused by simply having too many distractions and discomforts in your bedroom.
Try these steps to create an environment for better sleep, courtesy of the National Sleep Foundation:
- Make sure your room is quiet. If necessary, try using a white noise machine or earplugs.
- Keep your room at a temperature that's comfortable. Slightly cooler temperatures often are best for sleep.
- Keep the bedroom dark. Also make sure you get plenty of exposure to light during the day.
- Make sure your bed and pillows are comfortable and clean, and big enough for you and your sleep partner to share.
- Avoid TV or a computer in the bedroom.
- Offer pets their own bed or other comfy sleep spot.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.