Health Tip: Taking Kids on the Road
Travel suggestions for children
(HealthDay News) - Packing up the family for a trip can disrupt sleep schedules and diet.
To keep kids happy and healthy on a trip, here are suggestions from the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Pack snacks and other foods that your child likes, such as sugar-free cereals, crackers, cheeses or fruits.
- For babies, pack premixed formula or jars of baby food.
- Try to keep your child on a regular schedule for eating and sleeping.
- If flying, give children sugar-free gum to help with pressure in the ears. For babies, a pacifier may help.
- Make sure your child drinks plenty of water, especially on a plane.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.