Health Tip: Swelling During Pregnancy
Help keep it under control
(HealthDay News) - Production of additional fluids and blood during pregnancy sometimes leads to swelling in the woman's face, hands, legs, ankles and feet.
Here are ways to help control swelling during pregnancy, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Don't stand for long periods. Sit and rest with your feet elevated.
- Avoid hot temperatures.
- Wear comfortable, flat shoes with stockings that provide support.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
- Relax in a pool, or swim a few laps.
- Drink plenty of water, and reduce the amount of salt (sodium) in your diet.
- Apply a cold compress to swollen areas.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.