Health Tip: Sports Safety for Kids
Rules to live by
(HealthDay News) - Kids need to take special care to prevent injuries to growing bones and muscles while playing sports.
Here are safety guidelines for kids, courtesy of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons:
- Prepare for sports by getting into good physical shape.
- Learn all the rules of the sport.
- Always wear appropriate protective equipment, and learn how to use it correctly.
- Always warm up and stretch before you play.
- If you feel pain or you are too tired, avoid playing until you feel better.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.