Health Tip: When Flat Feet Cause Pain
See your doctor for treatment
(HealthDay News) - Flat feet may pose few or no problems for some adults. But for others, flat feet can cause pain that makes standing or moving difficult.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says you should see your doctor if flat feet are causing any of these conditions:
- Feet that tire easily, or become painful after standing for long periods.
- Problems standing on your toes, or moving your heel or the middle of your foot.
- Pain in the heel or arch, or swelling along the inside of the foot.
- Inability to exercise or play sports because of foot pain.
- Foot pain and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). About half of people with RA develop a worsening flat-foot deformity.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.