Health Tip: Try Cross Training
Vary your exercise routine
(HealthDay News) -- Cross training involves varying your fitness regimen with a host of different activities.
Here are some benefits of cross training, courtesy of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons:
- Cross training allows you to work your entire body, rather than strengthening just one area.
- A good program includes weight-training exercises (weight lifting, for example), aerobics (stair climbing), and flexibility exercises (yoga).
- Rotating between several types of exercise keeps your routine fresh, fun and prevents boredom.
- Overuse injuries are less likely, since muscles aren't used in the same way all of the time.
- Using muscles throughout the body can help you adapt better to new sports and activities.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.