Health Tip: Take Medicines As Prescribed
Suggestions to help remind you
(HealthDay News) - It's important to follow your doctor's instructions precisely when taking any medication, especially if you're taking more than one.
The American Heart Association offers these suggestions:
- Schedule a time to take your medication every day.
- Try to take your meds when you perform another daily activity, such as brushing your teeth.
- Use a day-of-the-week pillbox.
- Mark the day off on a calendar when you've taken your medication.
- Ask a friend or family member to remind you to take your meds. Have the person call at the same time each day.
- On a white board, write down the names of all of your meds, and mark the board when you've taken them.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.