Health Tip: Anxiety Attacks
Here are common symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Anxiety attacks cause sudden, severe and sometimes paralyzing fear, often for no apparent reason.
The American Academy of Family Physicians lists these common symptoms of an anxiety attack:
- Feeling shortness of breath or a choking feeling.
- Tightness or pain in the chest, and rapid or pounding heart.
- Rapid pulse.
- Dizziness, nausea, sweating and lightheadedness.
- Shaking or trembling.
- Hot flashes, chills or feelings of tingling or numbness in the hands and feet.
- Feelings of a dream-like state, losing control or going crazy.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.