Health Tip: Appreciate Your Body During Pregnancy
Maintain a healthy body image, positive outlook
(HealthDay News) - Pregnant women may feel overwhelmed with how their bodies are changing.
The American Pregnancy Association offers these suggestions to keep you feeling good about your body:
- Take some time to learn what exactly is happening to your body, and how your body is supporting your growing baby.
- Understand that your body is burning extra calories, so you often feel hungrier.
- Exercise to help yourself feel better. But always get your doctor's approval first.
- Pamper yourself with a massage, another spa treatment, or enjoy shopping for new maternity clothes.
- For support, talk to upbeat friends, family, moms or other pregnant women.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.