Health Tip: Get More Whole Grains
What to include at mealtime
(HealthDay News) - Whole grains are an important part of a healthy diet. They help maintain a healthy body weight and a healthy heart.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture suggests how to include more whole grains in your diet:
- Replace refined foods, such as white bread and white rice, with whole wheat bread and brown rice.
- Use whole wheat pasta in casseroles, macaroni and cheese, and other pasta dishes.
- Snack on whole grain, low-fat chips or popcorn (without salt or butter).
- Cook with whole grain flour.
- Use whole grain cracker crumbs or bread crumbs as a breading in meatloaf.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.