Health Tip: What's Behind My Migraine?
Some common triggers
(HealthDay News) - Migraines are severe headaches that can also cause nausea and sensitivity to light and sound.
Migraines are more common in women than men. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services lists these common triggers of migraines in women:
- Not getting enough to eat.
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Exposure to bright lights or loud noise.
- Fluctuating hormone levels, such as during your period.
- Changes in the weather.
- Emotional factors, such as stress or anxiety.
- Chocolate, alcohol, nicotine or foods with additives such as MSG.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.