Health Tip: Reduce Stress at Work
Suggestions to try
(HealthDay News) - Your job can be a great source of stress, which can significantly impact your physical and emotional health.
The AARP offers these suggestions for handling stress on the job:
- Set up regular evaluations and meetings with your manager to establish expectations, goals and discuss your workload.
- Build your prioritization and time management skills, so that you avoid having to always work overtime, or take work home with you. Allow yourself free time away from work to relax and do things you enjoy.
- Take advantage of any flexible work schedules, long lunch breaks and exercise opportunities that your employer offers.
- Don't check email or answer work-related calls at home, unless it can't be avoided.
- Recognize when it's time to look for another job if your current one is causing significant stress and unhappiness.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.