Health Tip: Boys and Body Image
Males dwell on it, too
(HealthDay News) - Teen girls aren't the only ones who dwell on how their bodies look.
Here are suggestions to help teen boys deal with body image issues, provided by the Nemours Foundation:
- Recognize the positive aspects of your body, rather than focusing on your weaknesses.
- Understand that your body doesn't always define how well you perform an activity or play a certain sport.
- Start exercising and weight training to gain confidence in yourself and your body.
- Treat your body well by avoiding smoking, drugs and alcohol. Also take pride in your physical appearance and hygiene.
- Be proud of who you are. Don't try to make yourself someone you aren't.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.