Health Tip: Coping With a Cough
Suggestions that may offer relief
(HealthDay News) - A cough can be an annoying symptom of many ills, including a cold, sinus infection, bronchitis or another respiratory condition.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to help calm a cough:
- Suck on cough drops or hard candy to soothe a dry, tickling cough.
- Use a vaporizer at home to add more moisture to the air.
- Take a hot shower. The steam will help soothe your cough.
- Drink plenty of liquids. They'll help break up mucus in your throat.
- If you smoke, stop.
- Never give a young child any medication to treat a cold or cough without consulting your doctor.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.