Health Tip: Pack for the Hospital Before Giving Birth
What to bring for both you and baby
(HealthDay News) - Long before labor pains start, you'll want to pack your bags for the hospital.
Here's a list of essentials to bring for you and your baby, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Your health insurance card.
- Your completed pre-registration forms for the hospital.
- A nightgown and a bathrobe.
- Slippers and several pair of socks.
- An outfit to go home in. Clothing that you wore at about six months of pregnancy probably will fit best.
- An infant car seat and head supporter for your new baby.
- A hat and socks should be part of your baby's "going home" outfit.
- If you plan to feed your baby formula, bring bottles and your chosen brand of formula to the hospital.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.