Health Tip: After a Car Accident
Prepare your mind and body to return to the road
(HealthDay News) - Traffic accidents often cause more than physical injuries -- they can also cause emotional and mental trauma.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to prepare your mind and body for a return to the road:
- Take care of your physical injuries -- see your doctor about any post-accident pain.
- As long as your injuries permit, try to get some exercise. Speak to your doctor about setting limits.
- Talk about the experience with your friends and family. This may help you better deal with post-accident anxiety.
- Resume your old routine and daily activities.
- Teach yourself to become a more defensive driver. Always wear a seat belt, and practice good driving habits.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.