Health Tip: Preparing for Puberty
Know what to expect
(HealthDay News) - For teen girls, puberty can be a difficult time. It helps to understand the changes that are taking place in their bodies.
Here is information on what happens to the female body during puberty, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Breasts begin to grow, and may be sore.
- Hair begins to grow under the arms and in the pubic area. Hair on the arms and legs may become slightly darker.
- Girls begin to sweat more, and may notice body odor. This can be controlled with deodorant.
- Skin may become more oily, which could cause acne outbreaks.
- The shape of the body changes, and hips and thighs mature.
- Vaginal discharge and the start of the menstrual cycle begin.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.