Health Tip: Triggers of Acne
Factors that could increase your risk
(HealthDay News) - While acne is commonly attributed to poor diet and skin care, this and other types of problem skin are often triggered by factors beyond a person's control.
The U.S. National Women's Health Information Center offers this list of potential risk factors for acne:
- Hormonal changes caused by puberty.
- Hormonal changes caused by menopause, menstrual cycles or pregnancy.
- Some medications, including some used for epilepsy and depression.
- Wearing makeup.
- Irritation to the skin caused by friction from hats, helmets or backpacks.
- A family history of acne.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.