Health Tip: Holiday Blues?
Suggestions that may help
(HealthDay News) - With all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it's easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed.
Here are suggestions to help you beat the holiday blues, courtesy of the American Psychological Association:
- Don't try to deal with issues that you have with family members -- try to steer clear of them and avoid conflict.
- Exceeding your holiday budget on gifts will only add more stress. Stick to a budget you can afford, and look for meaningful -- not necessarily expensive -- gifts.
- Only go to holiday get-togethers that you really want to attend. Don't feel like you need to say "yes" to every invitation.
- Make time for yourself when you need it. If you're going through a tough period, talk with understanding family and friends.
- If you feel like your "blues" may be more serious or long-term, seek counseling from a psychiatrist or psychologist.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.