Health Tip: Spare the Needless Calories
Suggestions for buying and preparing meat
(HealthDay News) - Proteins are an important part of a healthy diet, and can help fill you up without consuming excess calories.
Here are some suggestions from the U.S. Department of Agriculture on how choose and prepare meats:
- Buy meats labeled "extra lean."
- Buy skinless chicken, or pull the skin off before you cook it.
- Choose low-fat lunch meats for sandwiches.
- Trim off fat from any meat before you cook it.
- Bake, broil or grill meats instead of frying them.
- Don't add breading or any other fattening seasonings.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.