Health Tip: Best Toys for Baby
Both safe and stimulating
(HealthDay News) - Choosing toys for young babies may seem easy, but it's important to choose toys that are appropriate for their age, and that don't pose any health risks.
The Virginia Cooperative Extension offers these guidelines on choosing toys for babies up to 1 year old:
- Look for toys that teach baby about sights, sounds, and touch.
- Choose sturdy, unbreakable rattles that appeal to several of baby's senses.
- Choose brightly colored, sturdy toys -- especially those that make noise.
- Choose toys that are safe for baby to put in her mouth and chew on.
- Avoid toys with small parts that can be swallowed -- such as buttons or eyes -- or toys with cords.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.