Health Tip: Why Do I Bruise Easily?
Some common causes
(HealthDay News) - Bruises occur when small blood vessels break and bleed beneath the skin.
If you bruise easily, here are possible reasons why, courtesy of the University of Cincinnati's Net Wellness program:
- If you take blood-thinning medications, such as heparin or warfarin; over-the-counter medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen; or certain herbal supplements.
- If you drink too much alcohol.
- If you have a vitamin C deficiency.
- If you have certain conditions of the liver or kidneys.
- If you have certain bleeding disorders, including hemophilia or von Willebrand's disease.
- Normal aging.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.