Health Tip: Keep a Sleep Diary
Track your zzz's
(HealthDay News) - If you're having trouble sleeping, you may be able to pinpoint the cause of your problem by keeping a sleep diary.
Helpguide.org suggests what to record in a sleep diary:
- The time you woke and went to bed.
- The number of hours you slept.
- How well you slept.
- How often and what time you woke during the night, and what you did to get back to sleep.
- Any caffeine or alcohol that you had during the day; what time you had it and how much you had.
- What foods and drinks you had during the day, and what time you had them.
- Medications that you took that day.
- How you were feeling before you went to sleep -- stressed, sad, happy, anxious, etc.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.