Health Tip: Cut Baby's Nails
To prevent scratches
(HealthDay News) - An infant's fingernails may seem soft, but they can still scratch the skin or eyes.
Here are suggestions on how to cut your baby's nails, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Start clipping nails when your baby is a newborn.
- Always use nail clippers made especially for babies -- never adult nail clippers.
- Cut fingernails at least once weekly.
- Cut toenails twice each month.
- Smooth jagged edges on your baby's fingernails with an emery board.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.