Health Tip: Eat Healthy When You Eat Out
Suggestions for practical eating when you're not at home
(HealthDay News) - When it's time to eat out, you may think it's too difficult to stick to a diet or to watch those calories.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which offers these eating-out tips, begs to differ:
- Order water, skim milk, unsweetened tea, or other drinks low in sugar and calories.
- Order a small salad as an appetizer, which will help fill you up before the main meal.
- Order salad dressings and other fattening sauces on the side.
- Order entrees that include vegetables.
- Order dishes that are steamed, baked or broiled, not fried.
- Order a small or medium-sized portion -- or even a children's meal -- instead of a regular adult portion.
- Order something from the menu, instead of visiting the all-you-can eat buffet.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.