Health Tip: Managing Menopause
How to deal with symptoms
(HealthDay News) - If hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause are cramping your style, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these suggestions:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may help certain women, but it carries medical risks. Discuss HRT with your doctor.
- Foods rich in soy may help some side effects, such as hot flashes.
- Get plenty of sleep, and maintain a regular sleep schedule.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.