Health Tip: Selecting a Day-Care Center
If you notice these warning signs, stay away
(HealthDay News) - A nearly universal rite among working parents is to anxiously mull over the choice of a day-care center.
If you're in the midst of deciding where your youngster should spend the day while you work, here are warning signs that a particular facility may not be appropriate, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Day-care workers won't or can't answer questions, and don't respond to your requests or concerns.
- Parents aren't allowed to participate in daily activities with their children.
- Your child doesn't like going to a particular facility.
- Frequent accidents or injuries without adequate explanation.
- Frequent turnover among staff.
- Negative feedback or experiences from other parents.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.