Health Tip: Preventing Dry Eyes
Avoid smoke, wind and direct sun
(HealthDay News) - Dry eyes can be triggered by aging, eyestrain, exposure to sun, wind or smoke, or injury.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to help soothe dry eyes:
- Use artificial tears, or other moisturizing eye drops or ointments.
- Avoid smoking, and exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Avoid direct exposure to wind or air conditioning.
- Use a humidifier in your home, particularly during the dry winter months.
- Rest your eyes, and blink often.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.