Health Tip: Stick to Your Exercise Program
Make it part of your routine
(HealthDay News) - Exercise shouldn't be thought of only as a way to lose weight. It should be a regular part of your routine, designed to maintain your long-term health.
Harvard Medical School offers these suggestions to help you create an exercise routine and stick with it:
- Pick activities and workouts that you enjoy. Don't limit yourself to just one machine or one type of exercise.
- Plan a schedule that works for you, and always make time for even a little exercise each day.
- Set realistic goals. Decide how much you want to do at first, then increase the frequency and/or duration of your workouts.
- Record your progress. Monitoring how much you've improved will help motivate you.
- Reward yourself for sticking to your routine and meeting your goals.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.