Health Tip: Exercise Doing Everyday Chores
Easy ways to get more exercise
(HealthDay News) - Getting needed exercise can be as simple as performing a few household chores regularly.
Here are some suggestions, courtesy of HealthGuidance.org:
- Gardening -- Water plants with a watering can instead of a hose, and alternate carrying the can on each arm.
- Sweeping -- Clean not just your driveway, but offer to do your neighbors', as well as the sidewalks.
- Washing your car -- Use a bucket that you have to carry, not a hose.
- Cleaning and re-arranging -- Thoroughly clean out rooms in your home, carefully moving objects to clean every area.
- Walking or bike riding -- Leave the car home, if practical, to get to work or to run an errand.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.