Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Bruise
When to see a doctor
(HealthDay News) -- Bruises are common in children, and most heal on their own. Some bruises, however, may require examination by a doctor.
The University of Virginia Health System says these symptoms should be evaluated by a physician:
- Bruising often or easily, without a known injury or cause.
- Significant or increased pain or swelling around a bruise.
- Inability to move a limb or a joint.
- Injury or bruising to an eye.
- Signs that a bone may be broken.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.