Health Tip: Have a Healthy Retirement
Plan ahead to reduce stress
(HealthDay News) -- With retirement can come many new worries, including financial concerns and thoughts of how to spend each day.
Here are suggestions on how to enjoy a happy, healthy retirement, courtesy of AARP:
- Create a list of goals you'd like to accomplish, including things you've always wanted to do but never had time for.
- Try new activities.
- Work on friendships, both strengthening old ones and making new ones.
- Schedule at least 30 minutes of physical activity you enjoy into every day.
- Get involved in your community; take classes or volunteer.
- Get a pet.
- Take up a creative hobby you've always been interested in, such as painting or music.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.