Health Tip: Packing Your Prescriptions
Travel safely with your drugs
(HealthDay News) -- If you're planning to hit the road this summer and you need to take your medications along, here are suggestions from AARP:
- In case of an emergency, pack a complete list of all medications you take, including those sold over-the-counter.
- If you're flying, pack medications in their original packages in a carry-on bag, instead of checking them.
- Take more medication than you expect to need, in case travel plans change or you run into problems getting home.
- Pack any medications that need to be refrigerated in insulated, cooled packaging.
- If you're going to another country, make sure you comply with that nation's laws on bringing in medications.
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.