(HealthDay News) -- Many babies and young children struggle to sleep all night, which makes for tired parents.
The University of Michigan Health System says potential risk factors for night waking include:
- Having birth complications, including premature birth.
- Having a difficult temperament.
- Being breast-fed.
- Co-sleeping with parents.
- Feeding at night, because the toddler requires it or it's become a habit.
- Having family issues that involve stress or depression.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.