(HealthDay News) -- Pushing yourself during a workout can lead to sore muscles, as their fibers may develop tiny tears.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests these possible remedies:
- Gently stretch the muscles.
- Treat your muscles to a gentle massage.
- Apply ice to help minimize inflammation.
- Apply heat to increase blood flow.
- Allow your muscles to rest.
- Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) or a different type of over-the-counter pain medication.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.