(HealthDay News) -- Baby pools can provide cool summertime fun, but parents should take steps to prevent dangerous accidents.
The Waterandhealth.org website offers this advice about baby pools:
- Never leave a child unattended around a pool, no matter how little water is in it.
- Adults supervising children who use the pool should be trained in CPR, and emergency phone numbers should always be nearby.
- Frequently change the water in the pool to prevent buildup of bacteria and germs.
- Dress children in swim diapers or tightly-fitting pants over their diapers.
- Always empty the baby pool when not in use.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.