Protecting yourself from MERS-CoV is the same as protecting yourself from any respiratory disease, the CDC noted. This includes:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact, such as kissing, or sharing cups or eating utensils, with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs.
For more on MERS, visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.