(HealthDay News) -- If you have pet allergies, there are steps you can take to help control your symptoms.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences offers these suggestions:
- Limit pets to one area of the home (preferably without carpeting or upholstered furniture), away from bedrooms.
- Give pets a bath each week.
- Wash hands and clothing after playing with your pet.
- Avoid animal waste when possible.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down surfaces frequented by pets.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.