(HealthDay News) -- One of the best parts of Thanksgiving may be enjoying the dinner leftovers.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration suggests these safe storage tips for holiday treats to be eaten later:
- Cut up the turkey into small pieces to store in the refrigerator.
- Separate leftover stuffing and store it in a separate container from the turkey.
- Place leftovers into shallow containers, and refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
- Eat or freeze leftover turkey and stuffing within four days.
- Thoroughly reheat leftovers to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, until they appear steaming hot.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.