(HealthDay News) -- If you have the skin condition rosacea, you should avoid harsh cleansers that may worsen symptoms, the National Rosacea Society says.
Here are the society's skin-cleansing recommendations:
- Wash with a gentle cleanser that's made for your type of skin.
- Gently use your fingertips, never a sponge or washcloth.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your face.
- With a thick, cotton towel, gently blot your face dry. Don't rub.
- Apply medication to your skin only when completely dry, usually about 30 minutes after washing.
- Wait another five to 10 minutes after applying medication to apply moisturizer, makeup or sunscreen.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.