(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is a little-understood disorder that causes pain and other symptoms throughout the body.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for better living with fibromyalgia:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Exercise as much as you can. Try to be physically active as much as possible if fibromyalgia pain prevents you from exercising.
- Make adjustments at work to help you better manage fibromyalgia. Examples could include reducing your hours or switching to a less demanding job.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet.
- Talk to your doctor about ways to control pain.
- Seek emotional support from friends and family members.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.