(HealthDay News) -- Though you can't always ward off memory problems, studies have shown there are things you can do to help keep your mind sharp.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Go back to school. Continuing education has been shown to delay dementia.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants and olive oil.
- Train your memory. Formal memory training has been shown to improve learning and retention.
- Play board games or play a musical instrument.
- Manage your risk of cardiovascular disease, such as by taking steps to lower high blood pressure.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.