(HealthDay News) -- You've just been diagnosed with diabetes. Accepting the diagnosis is difficult for many people, but it's an important first step.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions:
- Relax and take a deep breath.
- Acknowledge any anger, guilt, fear and denial.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Focus on being strong and telling yourself that you can do this, and that you're not alone.
- Don't let diabetes define who you are.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.