(HealthDay News) -- Monitoring your child's diet and limiting sugar intake can help protect the child from cavities.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to promote healthier teeth:
- Offer only water or low-fat milk to your child, instead of soda or juice.
- Skip meals and snacks that pack a lot of added sugar.
- Allow only sugarless gum.
- Teach your child which foods can harm or help dental health.
- Practice proper dental hygiene among all members of the household.
- Ensure that your child receives proper dental care, starting at a very early age.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.