(HealthDay News) -- Pesticides can help keep your home free of insects, rodents and other unwanted visitors, but exposure to these products can pose serious health risks.
The National Safety Council offers these suggestions when working with pesticides:
- Only use pesticides that have been legally purchased, and are approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency or similar government agency.
- Carefully read directions on the pesticide label, and follow them exactly.
- When you can, use non-chemical pesticides.
- Keep the work area well-ventilated.
- Make sure you safely dispose of any excess product.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.