(HealthDay News) -- Chemotherapy can help treat cancer, but it can also have a host of side effects.
The American Cancer Society suggests that before you start chemotherapy, ask your doctor these questions:
- How will I know if the chemotherapy is working, and how will it help my prognosis?
- How long will my treatments last?
- What side effects can I expect, and how can I manage them?
- Will any side effects subside after the chemotherapy has ended, or are they permanent?
- Can I still live a normal life while on chemo? Can I go to work (or school)?
- How can I physically and mentally prepare for chemotherapy?
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.