(HealthDay News) -- Treatment for cancer takes an emotional and physical toll on your body. But you can take steps to prepare for the treatment that will help make the process easier.
The American Cancer Society offers these suggestions:
- Try to think positive, and talk to others about what you're feeling and how you're coping.
- Stick to a very healthy diet, including lots of plant-based, low-fat foods, and little to no alcohol. Avoid foods that are high in salt, are smoked, or are pickled.
- Eat plenty of small, nutritious snacks each day, especially those high in protein.
- Make sure that you get enough calories and protein in your diet, and try to eat regularly throughout the day.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight. Ask your doctor if it is safe for you to get 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days of the week.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.