(HealthDay News) -- Drug reactions and interactions between different medications are common, so it's important to speak with your doctor before you take any medication, especially one you're never taken before.
The Cleveland Clinic says you should always tell your doctor:
- If you've had any allergic reaction to a medication, food or substance.
- If you take any over-the-counter product, including medications, herbal supplements, vitamins or minerals.
- If you are, might be, or are planning to become pregnant.
- If you are breast-feeding.
- If you're on a particular diet, such as a low-sodium or low-sugar diet.
- If you have any medical condition that your doctor may not know about.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.