(HealthDay News) -- Uterine fibroids are growths that form inside a woman's uterus. Though they're not cancerous, they can cause pain and other symptoms.
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says the following warning signs may indicate uterine fibroids:
- Menstrual bleeding that is heavier, occurs more often or lasts longer than normal.
- Menstrual cramps.
- Spotting or bleeding between periods.
- Painful intercourse.
- Pain in the abdomen or lower back.
- Difficult or frequent urination.
- Constipation, or pain during bowel movements.
- Infertility or miscarriage.
- Enlargement of the uterus and abdomen.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.