(HealthDay News) -- Caring for a tiny new being can be daunting at first, but new parents should concentrate immediately after birth on creating a strong bond between parent and child.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Each parent should spend time holding baby directly against the skin.
- Gently rub or stroke baby's skin in various motions.
- Try some gentle infant massage techniques. You can learn how from a book, or from your pediatrician.
- Talk, sing, coo or babble to your baby, so the infant gets used to the sound of your voice.
- Listen to relaxing music together.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.